Covid-19 Health and Safety Plan
We understand the importance of our clients and their families feeling safe and comfortable during these difficult times. We remain up to date on all Public Health and Government guidelines and protocols and are ensuring we follow these consistently in our clients homes, the community, and our office setting. We will frequently monitor our standards and implement any required changes based on all recommendations updating our plan accordingly.
- Any staff feeling ill or displaying symptoms are required to stay home and call 811 to be referred for a test. Staff cannot work until a negative test result can be provided.
- Any staff that have travelled or have been knowingly exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- All staff are supplied with gloves, masks and hand sanitizer and these items are readily available in the office, clients homes and in their vehicles. Quantities will be monitored and replenished as required.
- Staff must change out of their street clothes and footwear as soon as they enter the home.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times in the clients home (unless they are sleeping) and must wear gloves and sanitize surfaces when appropriate.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters is practiced within the home when possible and personal care is completed while wearing all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Outings are limited to outside walks, where physical distancing is possible and/or drives with the caregiver only.
- When in the caregiver vehicles, both client and caregiver must wear masks with air systems fully and properly functioning and windows open for proper ventilation when possible.
- Caregivers will complete grocery shopping alone, or groceries will be ordered for delivery.
- All purchased groceries get wiped down and/or washed to sanitize them.
- We have a 1 person or 1 household occupancy limit in our office waiting area at any given time. All others are asked to wait outside until directed in.
- Anyone visiting our office is asked to don a mask and use hand sanitizer upon arrival. They must remain in the front reception area unless otherwise instructed.
- Visitors are restricted in clients homes.
- Meetings are conducted primarily by phone or video conference to limit contact with staff and clients.
- Physical distancing is practiced in the office setting and lunch breaks are staggered.
- High touch areas are wiped after each use and the office is fully cleaned weekly.
- Staff are encouraged to work from home as much as possible.
Although we are in Phase III of the BC Government COVID-19 recovery plan, our staff are maintaining Phase I practices. The health and safety of our clients and staff remains our top priority!
Effective: June 2, 2020
Updated: October 26th, 2020