Covid-19 Health and Safety Plan
We understand the importance of our clients and their families feeling safe and comfortable during these difficult times. We remain up to date on all government guidelines and protocols and are ensuring we follow these consistently in our client’s homes, the community, and our office setting. We will frequently monitor our standards and implement any required changes based on public health recommendations updating our plan accordingly. We will ensure all staff are trained and the expectations are clearly communicated to our clients and caregivers.
- Any staff feeling ill or displaying symptoms are required to stay home and follow company policy and government guidelines.
- Any staff that have travelled or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- All staff are supplied with boxes of gloves, masks and hand sanitizer and these items are also readily available in the office, client’s homes and in their vehicles. Quantities will be monitored and replenished as required.
- Caregivers must change out of their street clothes and footwear as soon as they enter the home and must don masks and gloves as well as sanitize every surface they touch. (this is not required during phase 2 and is at the discrepancy of the clients and care staff)
- Physical distancing of 2 meters is practiced within the home when possible and personal care is completed while wearing all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Outings are limited to outside walks, where physical distancing is possible and/or drives with the caregiver only.
- When in the caregiver vehicles, both client and caregiver must wear masks with air systems fully and properly functioning and windows open for proper ventilation when possible.
- Caregivers will complete grocery shopping alone, or groceries are ordered for delivery.
- All groceries purchased get wiped down and washed to sanitize them.
- We have a 1 person or 1 household occupancy limit in our office waiting area at any given time. All others are asked to wait outside until directed in.
- Anyone visiting our office is asked to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and remain in the front reception area unless otherwise instructed.
- Meetings are conducted primarily by phone to limit contact with staff and clients.
- Physical distancing is practiced in the office setting and lunch breaks are staggered.
- High touch areas are wiped after each use and the office is fully cleaned weekly.
- Staff are encouraged to work from home as much as possible.
Although we are in Phase II of the BC government COVID-19 recovery plan, our staff are maintaining Phase I practices. The health and safety of our clients and staff remains our top priority!
Effective: June 2, 2020